My childhood friend Talia who live in New York, has three beautiful adorable kids, Ben, Maya and Daniel, who apparently love the Spice Detective and asked their mom if they can film a home video with the Spice Detective making some type of a healthy dessert. Of course, I said yes! So on a recent trip to NYC, I went to visit them and together we made a delicious and healthy dessert without any baking! (My Mama’s recipe)
Ben, the oldest was the videographer, Talia is the director/ producer, Maya, Daniel and I are the chefs in this "easy, breezy, lemon -squeezy" recipe, please excuse the quality as it is a homemade video on a cell phone, but the love is there.
Here it is: Dates, nuts and coconut delight for the whole family
- Date paste. You can find it here
- Nuts of choice: Pistachio, Pine Nuts, Walnuts, Hazelnuts.
- Dried fruit of choice: Raisins, Apricots, Dried Pineapple, Dried Apple or Pears. (Be creative)
- Honey (or maple syrup if you’re vegan)
- Cinnamon (cardamom if you like)
- Coconut flakes for garnish.
- Warm up the dates slowly on low heat and add honey or maple syrup. Slowly add the dried fruits and nuts and mix well.
- Add a little cinnamon, and keep mixing.
- Once it well combined, place the mixture in fridge to cool off, approximately 30 mins.
- Once mixture is cooled off, place on an oiled plastic wrap. Create a ball of the mixture, and then mold the ball into a long roulade.
- Roll the roulade in coconut flakes and wrapped it well with the plastic wrap.
- Place in freezer for couple of hours.
- Take it out and slice away.
Delicious, fun, energizing and filled with nutrients.