My birthday is coming up in 7 days. Here is the cake I will make for myself
It's one of the healthiest cake you can make + it's delicious, amazing with a good cup of coffee and the scents from these fabulous spices is intoxicating!
Spiced Coconut-Walnut-Carrot Cake
- 2 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 1 1/2 cups walnut pieces
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ tea spoon cardamom
- ¼ tea spoon clove
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups coconut palm sugar (One of the lowest glycemic index sweeteners on the market)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the carrots, walnuts, , raisins, and coconut with 1/2 cup of the flour to coat them and keep them from sinking to the bottom of the cake batter.
- Sift together the remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, cinnamon, cardamom, clove, nutmeg, baking soda, and celtic salt.
- In a mixer with a whip attachment, mix the eggs and coconut palm sugar until light and fluffy (the "ribbon" stage) then drizzle in the vegetable oil. Fold in the dry ingredients and pour over the carrot mixture. Fold carefully to blend, then pour the batter into an oiled , 10 by 3-inch cake pan Bake until firm to the touch in the center, about 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Let cool on a rack and then turn out. Dust the top with powdered sugar and cut into wedges to serve.