You know I love quinoa for all the plant based protein and I love turmeric for its scent and anti inflammatory properties. Let’s make a festive dish for the holiday table mixing these ingredients.
- Celtic salt
- Black pepper
- 2 spoon of olive oil
- 1 tea spoon of turmeric
- ¼ spoon of cardamom
- Dried cranberries
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped Parsley
- Chopped Mint
- Chopped Dill
- A combo of all toasted pine nuts.
- Cook quinoa according to package. I normally do 1 cup of quinoa with 2 cups of water (enough for 4 peppers halved makes 8 portions)
- Mix it in, bring to a boil. Turn off the heat and let ot stand for 20 minutes.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, I mix in, dried cranberries, chopped cilantro, parsley , mint, dill, or a combo of all toasted pine nuts.
- Cut the peepers into halves, stuff each one with the quinoa mix and bake for 20 minutes!
Once done drizzle with olive oil, or lemon infused olive oil and serve.
Use different color peppers for added festive cheer!