I have one simple request, please STOP using microwave popcorn, it just as easy making your own popcorn and making is much much healthier.
All you need is organic coconut oil, organic kernels, Celtic Salt, some spices and some love. If you have kids do it together, teach them about healthy home cooking and develop their spice palate.
As you all must know, It is not recommended to use Microwave popcorn. Follow this Link to read about the danger of microwave popcorn.
Here is an Easy, Breezy, Lemon Squeezy alternative to store bought popcorn, using organic kernels & organic coconut oil. The beauty about using coconut oil other than the amazing health/medicinal properties it holds, is that coconut can be work with sweet or savory spices. Yum!
- Coconut oil
- Organic non GMO popcorn kernels
- Celtic sea salt
- Depending on the size of your pot use enough count oil to cover the entire bottom generously.
- Let the coconut melt down completely.
- Once melted, add enough popcorn kernels to cover the entire bottom of the pan.
- Cover the pot and wait for the kernels to start popping, Once they start popping give the pan a good strong shake to be sure all the kernels are covered with oil.
- Once the popping slow down to a few seconds between each pop, shut off the heat and let it sit on the stove for a minute.
- Remove cover, pour into the large bowl , add toss with Celtic salt and spices of choice from the list below.
- Feel free to use your favorite spices, or mix them up.
Here are some of my top choices:
Za'atar Popcorn - delicious, tangy, savory. Bring the middle east to your movie night.
Herbs de Provance – a lovely mix of savory, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, oregano and lavender leaves. can’t get easier than that, your popcorn will burst with flavor.
Sumac Popcorn- if you’re craving some citrus/ tangy berry flavored popcorn. If you haven’t tried sumac yet now is the time. Loaded with antioxidants- a super spice.
Garam Masala Popcorn - if your in the mood for an Indian snack. (the mix usually contains black and white pepper, clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, super fragrant and aromatic)
Sweet Tooth? Not a problem, how about brown sugar, Cinnamon and Raisins. FYI Cinnamon enhance the sweetens of the sugar and therefore you will be using much less of it.
Hope you like this little post , I love popcorn and I would love if you send your ideas and recipes. Please click the share button below and post it on your Facebook. Sharing is caring!
The Spice Detective