Hello everyone ! I Hope this recipe finds you well and happy. Few of you asked me for a good delicious spiced Matzo Ball recipe. So here you go :
- 3-4 eggs
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt (I use Celtic salt )
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Half tea spoon turmeric for an amazing color balls.
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger ( optional )
- I like to add chopped dill and some thyme leafs
- 1 cup matzo meal* (ideally use whole wheat matzo meal )
- Beat the eggs, oil, and seasonings in a mixing bowl. Fold in the matzo meal and mix until fully incorporated if you need more eggs to make the batter wetter add another one if the batter is too wet add more matzo meal.
- Store the mixture, covered, in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Boil 12 cups of water in a 4 to 5-quart saucepan. With greased hands, roll the batter into about 12 balls, a little smaller than ping-pong ball size, and drop into the boiling water. After about 5 minutes the matzo balls will begin to rise to the top of the water, and you can stir them gently. Boil until doubled in size, about 15-20 minutes total.
- Serve in chicken soup or use as a dumpling for other soups. I love them in my vegetable soup.
Happy Passover and much Love,
The Spice Detective.