Last time I was in Mexico, I tried a very special and delicious Ceviche, which incorporated chunks of fresh pineapple and fresh pineapple juice. It worked so well with the lime and jalapeno, I literally drank the liquids with a spoon once I devoured the dish! I just had to share the recipe with you!
For 3-5 servings:
- 1 lb cobia fillets or 2 lbs other firm white fish fillets, cubed
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 limes, freshly squeezed and strained to remove pulp, enough to cover fish
- ½ cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced and rinsed
- Few slices of pineapple and halved cherry tomatoes for garnish
- Optional rolled cucumber ribbons for garnish
- Celtic or sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Create the ceviche marinade by combining the juices, cilantro, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Add the fish and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, mix the onions, tomatoes, and pineapple slices, and mix well.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Place in a soup bowl or any bowl with a little bit of depth and top with fresh cilantro leaves and rolled cucumber ribbon.
ENJOY and Viva Mexico!