Article by: The Skinny Fork
Balsamic Vinaigrette is one of my favorite salad dressings. However, one thing that it usually isn't lacking is oil. Oil, oil. and more oil!
I've lightened up this classic dressing by subbing water and a bit more vinegar for some of the oil. It's an old but rather faithful trick that I picked up from my mom some years ago when she would make her own italian salad dressing. And by 'make her own', I mean mix oil and water with a packet. Tee-hee.
Want to know something else? This vinaigrette makes for a great marinade as well!
Just toss some raw meat into a large container and pour the vinaigrette over it. Seal tight and set in the fridge to marinade for 2-24 hours. Once done you'll want to discard the marinade and cook the meat by your method of choice. Tada!
Skinny Balsamic Vinaigrette
Servings: 8 • Size: 2 Tbsp. • Calories: 56.8 • Fat: 5.3 g • Carb: 2.7 g • Fiber: 0 g • Protein: 0.1 g • Sugar: 0.7 g • Sodium: 50.2 mg
- 1/2 C. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 C. Water
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tsp. Honey
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Toss all of the ingredients together into a medium bowl.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Use right away or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week!
- When ready, just give it all a good shake and add to your favorite salad.