Friends as you know, I have had many amazing talented guests on the spice detective who shared their recipes and love with us, but this special “guest “ … is definitely my favorite; she is my daily inspiration and reason The Spice Detective came to be!
My beautiful, sweet, incredible daughter Rachel Cohen Glassman.
When Rachel told me she wanted to share her own recipe on the spice detective channel there was no one happier than me on this planet.
I mean, she came up on her own with a delicious sounding- Sumac and carrot gluten-free pancake. Which she calls happy healthy pancakes
I would have never thought about adding sumac to a pancake, but let me tell you I have tried it, and I’m sold.
- Gluten-free pancake mix
- Olive oil
- Pinch of Celtic salt
- Sliced cooked carrot
- Virgin coconut oil for greasing the pan
- Real maple syrup
- Mix ingredients according to your favorite gluten free pancake mix.
- Add some sliced cooked carrots and half a tea spoon of sumac powder and mix well.
- Make sure the batter is well mixed, smooth and not too thick or too thin.
- Heat up a searing pan, add a table spoon of coconut oil. Once warm, add a scoop of the batter and cook for about two to three minutes on each side until golden brown. Being sure not to overcook, I recommend the heat at medium low.
- Add additional carrots, sumac and maple syrup to taste, and Serve!
With So Much love,
The Spice Detective and The Spice Princess