Article by: sweetashoney.co
- 2/3 cup spinach, cooked, squeezed dry, roughly chopped - you can use fresh spinach cooked 2 minutes in boiling water then squeezed dry or frozen spinach, defrost, squeezed dry
- 3 cups cooked Quinoa
- 2 eggs. size 6
- 1 cup Gluten Free Panko Crumbs
- 1-2 small brown onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup grated cheese, if desired - optionnal
- 1/8 cup Sugar Free Ketchup,, to dip the patties
- On a board using a sharp knife roughly chop the cooked and dried spinach leaves.
- Set aside into a large mixing bowl. Add the diced onions, eggs, panko crumbs, cooked quinoa.
- Combine until it comes together and it forms a sticky mixture that you can easily shape into patties with your hands. If desired, combine grated cheese but the recipe will work without cheese too. If it does not hold well together (too moist) add slightly more panko crumbs, 1 tablespoon at a time until it gets to a consistency that is easy to shape into patties.
- Prepare a plate or tray covered with baking paper.
- Shape the patties with your hands and place them on the tray. Repeat until no more batter left.
- Store in the fridge to firm up - about 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Bake the patties 15-25 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Serve as a topping for salads, as burgers patties or simply as an healthy appetizer with veggie dips.
- Rewarm well in the microwave but it gets softer. You can also enjoy those patties cold and add them into kids lunchboxes.
- This recipe makes about 25 small patties.