Article by: Honestly Yum
Ingredients (makes 3-4 sandwiches):
- Ezekiel bread
- 3 zucchini
- 4 yellow squash
- 1 cup of ricotta, liquid drained
- 1 cup of sun dried tomatoes and their oil
- 1 tbs red chili flakes
- 1 tbs fresh thyme, leaves removed
- 2 avocados
- 1 bunch of watercress
- 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
- Slice squash and zucchini on a mandolin into thin, long ribbons. Sprinkle with salt and cover with the juice of a lemon and put in a colander and allow any excess water to drain.
- Meanwhile, combine thyme, ricotta and a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine sun dried tomatoes and red chili flakes in a food processor, with a bit of the oil that the tomatoes are soaking in, and combine until it turns into a paste.
- Assemble the sandwich with a layer of herbed ricotta, slices of squash and zucchini, a layer of watercress, avocado slices, sun-dried tomato spread.