- 6 -8medium beets
- 1lemon, juice of
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1teaspoon cumin, to taste
- salt and black pepper
- 4tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2cup diced fresh parsley
- Place water in a 3-quart saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Add beets, and simmer until beets are tender when pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes.
- Cool, peel, and cut beets into bite-size pieces.
- Place in a serving bowl.
- Place lemon juice, garlic, cumin and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Whisk in olive oil, then toss with beets.
- Let sit a few hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with parsley.
Recipe via: Genius Kitchen