Article by: www.ohhowcivilized.com
Makes 2 cups
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons of black tea (Assam or Ceylon)
- 1/2 piece cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 whole green cardamom pods
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 star anise
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of coarse ground pepper
- Crush and roughly chop the star anise, cloves and cardamoms.
- In a saucepan, add all the ingredients except for the vanilla extract.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Take off heat. Add vanilla extract.
- Using a strainer, pour or ladle chai into mugs. Enjoy!
CR-eate is a design studio effectively balancing concept, design, art and function for brands & interior spaces.