This recipe is for a medium-small jar ( make sure you rinse jar with boiling water, to make it sterile before you start. jar should be dry!
- 3-5 lemons (washed and dried)
- ½ cup kosher salt
- 1 tea spoon of sweet or spicy paprika a( up toyou)
- Few bay leaves/ few pods of all spice)
- Olive oil.
- Slice the lemons in to half an inch slices.
- Mix the salt and the paprika in a bowl.
- Cover each of the slice of lemon lightly in the paprika - salt mix and place in the jar. Place bay leaves and all spice pod in between every few slices and fill the jar all the way to the top.
- Squeeze the lemon slices to place as many slices of lemon as possible. They will also drip their juices into the jar which is good. You want the lemons covered and tightly packed.
- Once jar is filled, close the lead tightly. Let stand on counter for three days. Move the jar into fridge. You can drizzled the top of the jar with olive oil before moving to fridge, to seal the lemon from contact with air.
- They should be ready to enjoy, add to sandwiches, sauces, salads, or mayonnaise.