Many people don’t know how to use jack fruit, or Bread fruit as it translate from Spanish, but it is a Magical fruit . Once warmed and cooked jack fruit texture resembles meat, its very filing, heathy and versatile. Lets make a vegan jack fruit stir fry!
Header image + inspiration by: About that food
- 1 whole jack fruit flesh. Cut into cubes
- 2 peppers cut into strips
- 1 head of broccoli cut into florets
- 2 carrot cut into sticks
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Bunch of cilantro or thai basil leaves.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat a little olive or avocado oil. Add onion; cook for 5-7 minutes, until tender. Add garlic; cook for another minute.
- Add the jackfruit, peppers, carrots and broccoli. Sautee and stir , turn heat down to medium-low.
- Add spices , soy sauce, salt and pepper, Cook for 15 minutes. At this point fruit and veggies should be tender and crisp.
- Serve with a side of rice or over rice noodles.
CR-eate is a design studio effectively balancing concept, design, art and function for brands & interior spaces.